The Center for Advanced Microscopy offers four high-resolution, point-scanning Confocal Laser Scanning Microscope systems and one Yokogawa spinning disk Confocal Laser Scanning Microscope system and provides a broad range of CLSM services for both biological and physical sciences. Each system is designed for observation of a variety of live or fixed biological specimens and a broad range of materials samples. Instrumentation includes a Nikon A1 CLSM configured with TIRF and STORM, a Nikon C2 CLSM, an Olympus FluoView 1000 Spectral-based CLSM, a Leica Stellaris 5 White Light Laser CLSM, and an Intelligent Imaging Innovations (3i) Spinning Disk CLSM. Click on the microscope of interest for detailed instrument specifications.
The Center for Advanced Microscopy offers a comprehensive range of advanced imaging applications, including:
- High-resolution, high-sensitivity confocal imaging in both fluorescence and reflected light modes
- Multi-channnel fluorescence imaging, including blue fluorescence (excitation 405 nm) through far red fluorescence (excitation 640 nm)
- High-speed resonance scanning
- 3D rendering and animation
- Co-localization analysis
- Cell counting and image analysis software
- Live cell imaging and quantitative analysis over time
- FRAP and FRET imaging and analysis
- Fluorescence protein imaging, including CPF, GFP, YFP, RFP, and BiFC analysis
- Spectral imaging
- High resolution large area scanning
- Total Internal Reflection Fluorescence (TIRF) microscopy
- Super Resolution STORM imaging
- Extended Depth of Focus (EDF) analysis, Topography analysis, Z height profiling
- Transmitted light imaging (brightfield, phase contrast, polarized light, DIC)
- Heated stage incubator (ambient to 99 degrees C)
- Cooling stage (ambient to -5 degrees C)
- Heating/cooling/Carbon Dioxide environmental stage incubator
For Confocal Laser Scanning Microscope services contact Melinda Frame, firstname.lastname@example.org, 517-432-2327.
See our Service and User charges page.
For enrollment in NSC-837 Confocal Microscopy Lab, contact Dr. Melinda Frame, email@example.com, 517-432-2327. This is a limited enrollment course with specific enrollment procedures. Please see our Courses page for more information.